The Calgary North Edge Skating Academy (CNESA) is located at:Don Hartman Northeast Sportsplex
Terms & Conditions
By registering with the Calgary North Edge Skating Academy (CNESA), you are agreeing to the following terms & conditions:
- I understand that CNESA will not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage sustained as a result of academy activities or participating within any CNESA program.
- All transactions will be completed in Canadian Dollars.
- All skaters must be registered for programs online, through our website, www.calgarynesa.com
- Before participating in programs, all skaters must be registered online for the correct program and have paid registration fees. We do not take in person registration at class time. Skaters who come to class without being registered or in which payment has not been received will not be permitted on the ice.
- All programs are eligible for cancellation and/or refund, minus a $20.00 admin fee, up to the program start date listed for each program registration. Please contact the club office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-923-8820 to cancel registrations or process your refund. Once classes have begun, program fees and the annual Skate Canada member fee is non-refundable.
- At the discretion of the club manager, refunds may be issued once classes have begun if there is a medical issue/injury that prevents participation in CNESA programs. A doctors letter of confirmation is required to request a medical refund. The annual Skate Canada membership fee is non-refundable. All approved medical refunds are subject to a $20.00 admin fee. Please contact the club office at email@example.com or 403-923-8820 to request a medical refund.
- Accounts with overdue payments will be charged a monthly 1.5% interest fee after 3 weeks of non-payment.
- At the discretion of the club manager, and space permitting, skaters may request changing skating days/switching class day. Once classes have started a $20 admin fee will be charged for any switching of skating days.
- At the discretion of the coaching staff skaters may be regrouped or reassessed for program levels and readiness.
- At the discretion of the coaching staff skaters may be removed from the ice if there is a safety, equipment or behaviour concern.
- If a skater is injured during on ice classes, the coach has final say as to if it is safe for the child to return to the ice.
- All PreCanSkate and CanSkate skaters are required to wear a CSA approved hockey helmet. Skaters without a CSA approved helmet will not be permitted on the ice.
- All programs will take place at the location indicated in the program registration.
- CNESA has a zero tolerance policy for unsportsmanlike behaviour, abusive or inappropraite language and/or verbal attacks as well as physical abuse by skaters and/or parents. Such actions will result in suspension of skating privileges.
PAYMENT FORM – CASH / CHEQUE / CC
We accept payment in the form of cheque, cash, e-transfer or by VISA or MasterCard credit card. Cheques are to be made payable to Calgary North Edge Skating Academy. Fees are due before the first day of class - program registration is not confirmed until payment has been received. Registrations in which payment has not been received will be cancelled. All NSF cheques will be subject to a fee of $25. Accounts with overdue payments will be charged a monthly 1.5% interest fee after 3 weeks of non-paymnet.
CNESA Rules & Expectations
All CNESA members and parents/guardians are to follow CNESA rules & expectations.
In the event that a participant is unable to attend a class, makeup classes or refunds will NOT be offered.
Only registered skaters may participate in classes. Skaters may not substitute or transfer their position with another participant. Similarily skaters cannot swap/substitute one class with another class. All registrations are non-transferable to other seasons, sessions, classes or participants.
CNESA reserves the right to cancel and/or change any program or schedule. If classes reach capacity or do not reach minimum required participants,CNESA reserves the right to add/cancel/re-schedule applicable classes at any time.
Skate Canada Membership Fee
The annual Skate Canada membership fee is mandatory, and covers the skaters insurance. Paid annually (season runs Sept 1 to Aug 31), this fee is submitted directly to Skate Canada and is non-refundable. Click here for more information on the Skate Canada membership fee.
- We do not keep credit card numbers on file.
- We do not sell, rent, loan, trade or lease any personal information collected on our site.
Skate Canada Notice of Collection Statement
For further information or comments regarding our protection of your privacy, please contact Skate Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Reproduction Consent & Release
Members agree that Calgary North Edge Skating Academy may photograph, film and/or otherwise reproduce skaters likeness and/or voice in the course of enrollment and participation in programs and events. Members hereby irrevocably grant to Calgary North Edge Skating Academy, its licensees and assigns, the right to utilize the Reproductions in any and all manner and media, now known or unknown, through the world in perpetuity. Members agree that Reproductions may be edited and used with or without a name associated with them. Members expressly release Calgary North Edge Skating Academy, Skate Canada, its members, directors, agents, employees, licensees and assigns from and against any and all claims which members have or may have, whether known or unknown, for invasion of privacy, misappropriation or personality, defamation or any other cause of action arising out of the use of the Reproductions. If you have concerns regarding Reproductions please contact the club at 403-923-8820 or email@example.com